Put Strength and Passion on Your Side REACH OUT TODAY

You Can Call It This or You Can Call It That

April 11, 2016

Dear Panther Fans, Clients, Friends and Family!

The Carolina Panthers (can you tell I am a Panthers Fan?!) are about to start gearing up and practicing for the upcoming 2016 season! Just like the Panthers, we here at The Montgomery Law Firm are gearing up to launch our first book, "Monday Morning Lawyer: 11 Things an Employee Should Know About Employment Law." As a teaser, we are providing an excerpt from the book to give you an idea about the great information to be released -

Right to Work

"Do I have the legal right to work at my job without being required to join a union and/or pay union dues?"

Often when I meet with potential clients, they refer to the employment-at-will concept and mistakenly call it "right to work". In very plain terms, the tenet of "right to work" means that employees have the right to work in a particular state without being required to join a labor union or pay fees to a union to become an employee.

Right to Work laws were passed many years ago by state legislators as a way to limit labor unions setting up shops in companies located in their states. Many southern states created these laws in the late 1940s and 1950s with the intention of slowing, and possibly preventing, labor unions from organizing. About 24 U.S. states have passed laws of this nature.

Over the years, since union organizing has slowed down and you don't hear much about their efforts, the terms "right to work" and "employment at will" have been lumped together, with people confusing their respective meanings. However, right-to-work laws deal with union membership and not the employment-at-will status.

Call The Montgomery Law Firm today to get assistance with your important legal issues. Let us do a quick 15 minute analysis of your case for only $75 through our newest concept, Urgent Legal Xpress. Just call us at (704) 312-7360 and ask for a ULX Review! To pre-order your copy today, please send an email to Info@TheMLawFirm requesting a book.

The Montgomery Law Firm, revolutionizing the legal industry. Call us today! (704) 312-7360

Q & A with Eric A. Montgomery, Esq.

Q: My parents are getting older and more responsibility has been placed on me to manage their affairs. What type of document do I need in place to accomplish this?

A: The most effective document you need is a Durable Power of Attorney. This type of document will allow you to manage most of your parents affairs from real estate, general business and most personal issues. Call us at The Montgomery Law Firm if you need to have a Power of Attorney drafted and filed on your behalf.

Tell us what legal issues you want the Monday Morning Lawyer to discuss next? Send your thoughts to info@theMLawfirm.com.

Please contact The Montgomery Law Firm today at (704) 312-7360 or info@themlawfirm.com to assist you with your legal needs in the following areas:

  • Employment Law (EEOC claims|wrongful termination|discrimination|unemployment hearings|severance negotiations)

  • Personal Injury Law (insurance claims|automobile accidents)

  • Business Law (civil litigation|contract formation and review|business formation|dispute resolution/trademark|business strategy)

  • Estate Planning (wills|trusts|power of attorney|healthcare power of attorney| secure document storage)

  • Fashion Law (strategic fashion planning & development, seminars on issues of interest to fashion community, fashion employment practices, fashion trademark licensing)

Please call us to use our firm's newest concept - Urgent Legal Xpress!

"Meeting clients just where they are"